A year ago, I would not have imagined there'd be any shred of truth to the post I'm about to write.
I have lost 88.8 pounds.
I have gone from only being able to walk around my building at work to making plans to run a half-marathon.
I have gone from begrudgingly writing gym time into my calendar to looking forward to it every day.
I am starting my third pair of running shoes.
Feels like a good time to write goals down for 2014:
1) Complete a half-marathon at the end of May. Not sure if I will fully run it yet.
2) Keep on keepin' on with managing my calories. It'd be nice to get to my goal weight by 6/7. That's 32.8 pounds in 22 weeks, or 1.5 lbs a week. That's been my set pace all along, but my actual pace has been slowing down lately. 6/7 may be a push. Mid-August may be more realistic.
3) Do some research into how best to maintain weight loss - how to figure out the right daily calorie goal, how to maintain fitness without necessarily training for a race, etc.
4) Strike a better balance with cardio and strength exercises.
PS - I'll get some pictures up eventually.
This is so awesome! I had no idea you had a blog! I want to run that half marathon with you! When is it?
ReplyDelete