I finished the 5K to 10K app today. In theory, I could go run 6.2 miles. In reality, 60 minutes of constant shuffling of my feet is the best I can do right now.
Where do I go from here? I'm not sure yet. I know there's a half-marathon in Alexandria at the end of May that a friend suggested we do together. I know that at my best steady run pace, that'd be 158 minutes of running - almost 100 minutes more than the most running I've ever done in my life. I know I need to figure out if I'm run/walking or running the whole thing (leaning toward run/walking at the moment). I know I need to build strength training into my regimen. I know I need to bring more carbs into my diet. I know I need to pick a training plan that's just right - toying between plans from Marathoning for Mortals, Hal Higdon, Jeff Galloway.
Depending on the plan, I will likely start training officially in February. In the meantime, I'd like to get into a routine of jogging 3-4 miles at a time, 3-4 days a week. On the off days, I'll walk and do strength training.
Now to get all of this out of my head, onto paper and on my feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment