Tuesday, January 7, 2014

91.1 lbs down and a couple of things I've learned recently

I've learned that it's OK to have a couple of non-run days where I get my steps simply by walking around my own home or running errands. It doesn't always have to be 5 miles on the treadmill, but it always has to be off my tush. I lost 2.3 lbs this week. I've also learned that it's OK to give in to cravings that make sense calorie-wise and nutrient-wise. Have I eaten well but still have a nagging craving for chocolate? Do I still have calories left for the day? Is it a reasonable hour or is it 10pm? If the answer is yes to all of these, then I'm going to satisfy that craving and not feel guilty about it. It's still annoying, but if it makes sense, I'm gonna do it. Today's workout was 4 miles of Leslie Sansone. I love her 5 day workout DVD where you can mix up the miles. I had wanted to do 5 miles but also wanted to catch up on the news a bit and didn't have the full hour and 15 minutes it'd take to do all 5 miles. With a few extra steps thrown in at the end, I got 6500 steps out of that workout. Not bad. School is delayed today, and it's 5 degrees outside, so I couldn't walk my daughter to school. I have another 4400 steps to get to meet my goal for the day, and that will be a little tough to do between the office and home, but I'll get it done. Tomorrow is a run day. I plan to hit the gym first thing in the morning and do 3 miles at 4.5 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment